Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today's Gripe - A Lack Of Restaurants

Today I just feel the need to gripe so please excuse me.  If you have been reading my blog the last couple of weeks, you have seen our weekly menu published and that we tend to eat out about once a week.  My gripe is that our town has growing pains: we need more restaurants badly.  Lately whenever we go out, there have been long waits at the local restaurants, even if we get there shortly after 5 p.m.  I find it ridiculous to wait 45 minutes for a table at 5:15.  The wait doesn't get any better at 6:15 or 7:15.  Some of the new chain restaurants have made the mistake of putting in too small a facility with too small of a parking lot (Olive Garden).  When our new Red Lobster opens, we won't even go near the place for at least 6 months because we know we won't be able to get in just like we haven't been able to get in the new pizza place (Larry's) that we've heard good things about.  It will be a very long time before I agree to go to Olive Garden again.  It has been here at least a year but we've only been twice because there is often a loooong wait.  (And I don't think the food is that good to begin with!)

I'm hoping that restaurant developers will study the new census information just out and realize that with the growth in this area, we need more restaurants though preferably not Asian or Mexican.  We have plenty of those.  I'm also hoping for some better restaurants than fast food chains; we need better quality like Old Charlies, Outback and San Francisco Bread.  I'd love to see more local restaurants like Omar's, Skinny Jay's and Sai Tai open as those are often some of the best places to eat.

So there's my challenge to anyone listening out there.  If you have the skill, expertise and money to invest, restaurants are a growing industry in this area.  We also need more restaurants available to those just under 21.  If you aren't 21, there are few decent places to take a date.  I've seen prom couples turned away from local restaurants and I know many head to Memphis for this reason.

Sorry to complain so today.  I'm interested to know what my readers' experiences have been.  Has anyone else felt like eating out is a hassle these days due to overcrowded restaurants and few places to go?  Anyone had any really bad experiences?  Feel free to comment if you have a story to share.

Meanwhile, cook at home and enjoy this bit of lovely spring weather.  You know it won't last long.  Also, I'd like to welcome any new readers and followers.  I hope you've found some helpful information and enjoyable reading here.

No comments:

Post a Comment