Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Computer Wrestling

Warning:  Today's post will be a bit odd.  Wrestling with computers or any type of technology should count as exercise.  I have just spent the last hour and a half trying to upload the Wellsphere badge (explanation to follow) to my blog.  Oh, the instructions say that it is easy, even if you are not technologically savvy but I beg to differ.  I feel more tired now than I do after an average workout and I haven't even reaped the benefits of the nice calm feeling I get after exercising.  I am so irritable now I could spit nails.  Along with the badge, I was trying to upload a photo to go with it but that didn't work so well either.

As for those of you who are snickering right now, thinking how stupid could I be, I need to catch up to the 21st. century, etc., you can stop right now.  I have seen plenty of you stumped by your iPhone, dragging your computers into the "docs" to be fixed and on the verge of a melt down too.  The truth is most technology is too complex for what the average person really needs or wants and makes perfect sense only to the designer.  Maybe not even then.  So, those of you who want to consider computer wrestling a sport, type a smiley face.  :)

Wellsphere is a web page devoted to helping readers connect with health information on a variety of topics.  I was honored to be asked to join this page, especially as I didn't seek them out.  I am always looking for ways to connect to others and encourage good health on the home front, where good health begins.  Around the same time, I also received an email from nursing schools.net, a web page that serves as an online guide to nursing careers.  I was very honored to be included in the article "50 Best Blogs For Physiology Students", especially since all the other blogs under cardiology were written by physicians.

I sometimes feel like I am talking in an empty room as I know personal health isn't usually viewed as an interesting topic until something goes wrong.  I just like being here for those who are interested in taking better care of themselves and want some support along the way.   Despite all my wishes, there is no magic wand to wave or words to say to ensure perfect health.  You know that.  Anyway, I'm off to manage my high stress level by exercising.  I know I'll feel better after I've sweated.        

No comments:

Post a Comment