Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Warning: This Post Could Be Hazardous To Your Health

I want to share a link to another blog today but I warn you, this blog could be hazardous to your health.  Ree Drummond is an interesting woman who married the love of her life and moved to the middle of nowhere to be with him.  She began blogging to keep up with the friends and family she left behind but she soon developed quite a following.   To pass the time and feed her four children, she also went to work in the kitchen in a big way.  Now she has at least one cookbook out and another on the way and has appeared on such shows as Good Morning America.  Soon she will have a Saturday morning show on Food Network.

Ree is a fine cook but she never met a stick of butter or a cup of sugar she didn't add to whatever she was making.  To use some of her own words, she is a very, very, bad, naughty girl.  I find coffee undrinkable but she has a recipe for iced coffee that makes me want to whip up a batch.  I couldn't bring myself to make her positively sinful Milky Way cake this weekend with the eight Milky Way bars in it.  In other words, we are pretty much polar opposites.  Still, being the foodie I am, I have been willing to try some of her recipes and found them to be good.  Last night, I made her meatball sliders.  They were a huge hit and super easy to whip up; just right for a school night.

I encourage my readers to check out her site.  She writes about life on a cattle farm, her children, farm animals and more.  She has a section of beautiful photography, hers and others.  And then there are the recipes, conveniently divided into sections such as dessert, breads, cowboy food and cowgirl food and filled with helpful photos.  You could just lick the screen looking at some of her food.  However, don't say I didn't warn you if your diet is wrecked.  You need some self control in looking at this site and you probably need make no more than one of her recipes a week, or even a month.  I plan to make the peach-whiskey barbecue chicken this weekend.  Sounds too good not to.

Check her out at thepioneerwoman.com and keep an eye out for her new show.  But don't say I didn't warn you several times!

No comments:

Post a Comment