Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back Home

Well here I am, back home and you may be wondering if I gained any weight on our trip or if I'll admit it if I did.  You know I love to make confessions so here it is: I gained almost 2 more pounds by drinking the daily martini and having dessert, even if only half, every day.  There is a great lesson to be learned here: you just can't eat whatever you want, whenever  you want, without consequences.

To be honest, I was glad it wasn't more but no more excuses.  Time to lose at least 6 pounds and get back to my normal weight.  I haven't the stamina to follow the 17 Day Diet Plan as is.  Besides, my family won't want to eat that way and I'm sure not about to cook 2 meals each night.  So my plan is to follow the diet for  breakfast and lunch and snacks.  At dinner I plan to cook pretty much my usual fare but I'm going to be sure to have plenty of vegetables and lean protein.  I've had eggs for breakfast the past two days, vegetable soup yesterday and a green salad with chicken, broccoli, avocado and carrots today for lunch.  I've gotten plenty of water for me but not the eight glasses Dr. Moreno wants me to drink.  Last night we had chicken stir fry with cabbage, carrots, onion and sweet peppers while tonight it's pork chops, potatoes and carrots cooked in the crock pot with beef broth and seasonings.  My portions at dinner have been pretty small and I'm trying to avoid the carbs I love so much.  The results are that I've already dropped almost a pound since getting home on Saturday.

I have the terrible feeling that I'm really getting to the age when adding weight will be so much easier than losing it.  But that is no excuse for giving up and throwing in the towel.  If it's not too much trouble to take good care of your house or your car because they are expensive investments, then it's not too much trouble to take good care of the only body you'll ever have.

I'm also back to my regular exercise routine but I plan to step it up.  Every day I clean the barn, then three days a week I lift weights and do various exercises and stretches and three days a week I dance or do other cardio plus stretches.  Now that it's warmer, Molly dog and I are really going to take some power walks and swim season is just around the corner so I can swim laps.  Maybe I'll even scour the town for a good place to ride my bicycle.

The point is to exercise and eat better because it makes you feel good.  Use any excuse you need, swim suit season, a class reunion or to make your ex jealous because you look so good.  Just do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment