Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tired Of Cooking

Yes!  I do get tired of cooking.  I get tired of planning meals, doing the shopping and cooking.  I do sympathize with those of you who don't like to cook.  But my solution is to make my easiest recipes instead of calling pizza delivery.  Most of the recipes I post are very simple and easy to make.  After all, I'm trying to encourage healthier eating by preparing your own food.  So today I'm sharing an easy chicken dish that I'm surprised I haven't shared before (I checked the list twice.)  I am also recommending a brand of frozen pizza when it's just too much trouble to cook. 

Cranberry Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 16 oz. can jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup French dressing
Place chicken breasts in a glass cooking dish.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.  Cover and let marinate for about 8 hours.  Bake, covered with foil, for 1 hour 15 minutes at 350.  Since this takes about 10 minutes to do, mix it up before work and it's ready to go into the oven at night.  Also, you can half this recipe and it works great, just use the whole package of soup mix.  You can find 8 oz. cans of cranberry sauce too. 

Now tell me this dish isn't so easy anyone could make it and that it's much better than a Big Mac.  Serve the chicken and sauce over rice and add a steamed vegetable and dinner's on the table.


Amy's Mushroom and Olive frozen pizza not only passes the Eat This, Not That test but also the picky eaters' taste test.  This is truly one of the best pizzas I've eaten, frozen or not, and I'm very picky about the pizza I eat.  I think most pizza chains' pizza isn't fit to eat.  Amy's isn't greasy or overloaded with cheese, and the crust is crisp and delicious.  They can be found in the organic section of our local Kroger. 

I'm hoping to have a big announcement to make soon so check back next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment