Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Reasons To Be Active Or Exercise

I am into finding reasons to exercise today.  Believe it or not, I have trouble making myself dance, ride my horse and especially do my weight workout.  You know I love to dance and I have loved riding since I was a wee child but I do have a laziness factor.  This morning for example, I was excited that it wasn't raining because I could get in a quick ride before the deluge starts.  Still, the couch called out to me and the unmade bed looked appealing.  I got into my riding clothes and out of the house as quickly as I could, before I was seduced into slothfulness.

So why do I do it?  What keeps me motivated?  How do I keep going?  It isn't always easy but here are the answers.

1.  I don't want to be fat!  I do however, want to eat pretty much what I want.  I am a foodie first and foremost.

2.  I like the way I feel.  I have more energy when I exercise.

3.  Exercise helps keep the achy joints working.  The more I move, the better my joints feel.

4.  I like feeling strong.  The weight work I do has given me stronger arms and legs, indeed just stronger all over.  That makes anything physical I do easier, like lifting the heavy slow cooker over my head to it's spot in the cabinet over the refrigerator or toting a basket of laundry up the stairs.

5.  I know it helps my heart and the rest of my body stay healthy and work properly.  I don't want to die young!

6.  It's a great way to socialize.  You meet people and make friends when you go to the gym, yoga or play tennis.

7.  Helps to relieve stress and to keep a positive attitude.  Don't we all need more stress relief and an attitude adjustment?

8.  I like the way I look.  Don't we all admire toned arms and legs?  Who wants to have underarm flaps?

9.  I like the challenges exercise brings.  I try to change my routine frequently or to try new things so I don't get in a rut.  Gives my brain a workout too when I'm learning something new.

10.  I like being labeled athletic.  Who really wants to be known as a couch potato?  There's more prestige to being a tennis player, a runner or a gym rat.  It makes you more interesting as a person when you are active.

Now get out there and get moving.  Surely some of these reasons motivated you and what reasons can you name for not being active?

No comments:

Post a Comment