I am into finding reasons to exercise today. Believe it or not, I have trouble making myself dance, ride my horse and especially do my weight workout. You know I love to dance and I have loved riding since I was a wee child but I do have a laziness factor. This morning for example, I was excited that it wasn't raining because I could get in a quick ride before the deluge starts. Still, the couch called out to me and the unmade bed looked appealing. I got into my riding clothes and out of the house as quickly as I could, before I was seduced into slothfulness.
So why do I do it? What keeps me motivated? How do I keep going? It isn't always easy but here are the answers.
1. I don't want to be fat! I do however, want to eat pretty much what I want. I am a foodie first and foremost.
2. I like the way I feel. I have more energy when I exercise.
3. Exercise helps keep the achy joints working. The more I move, the better my joints feel.
4. I like feeling strong. The weight work I do has given me stronger arms and legs, indeed just stronger all over. That makes anything physical I do easier, like lifting the heavy slow cooker over my head to it's spot in the cabinet over the refrigerator or toting a basket of laundry up the stairs.
5. I know it helps my heart and the rest of my body stay healthy and work properly. I don't want to die young!
6. It's a great way to socialize. You meet people and make friends when you go to the gym, yoga or play tennis.
7. Helps to relieve stress and to keep a positive attitude. Don't we all need more stress relief and an attitude adjustment?
8. I like the way I look. Don't we all admire toned arms and legs? Who wants to have underarm flaps?
9. I like the challenges exercise brings. I try to change my routine frequently or to try new things so I don't get in a rut. Gives my brain a workout too when I'm learning something new.
10. I like being labeled athletic. Who really wants to be known as a couch potato? There's more prestige to being a tennis player, a runner or a gym rat. It makes you more interesting as a person when you are active.
Now get out there and get moving. Surely some of these reasons motivated you and what reasons can you name for not being active?