Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Best Way To Have A Slim Figure

Since everyone is still motivated by their New Year's resolutions, and since losing weight or getting in shape is a popular resolution, I chose this topic today.  There are so many diet plans out there and some are good and will teach you a healthy lifestyle.  But there are far too many that are bogus and just money makers for someone at your expense.  The radio has been filled for ads for Look Slim 90 for example.  The ads promise remarkable results just by putting a few drops under your tongue at night; no "yucky diet food or exercise."  I have to wonder who could fall for that ad.

You didn't get out of shape or overweight in one day or even in one month so stop looking for a quick, easy fix.  The solution isn't easy but once you acquire new habits, it will get easier.  People who are of a normal weight work at it.  They exercise regularly, doing something they enjoy.  They are active in other ways such as walking their dog, playing with their children or hiking on the weekend.  They don't just sit on their butt 24/7, they get out and participate in life.  The TV or computer isn't their best friend.

Slim people also eat differently.  They don't overeat; they stop when they are full.  They understand the difference between snacks and treats.  Most importantly, they eat balanced meals of lean protein, fruits and vegetables.  Real food, cooked at home, not fast food or highly processed foods washed down with sodas.


Now that I have lectured you, I'll confess that I struggle with these same issues.  Since the 
holidays, I've found it difficult to go back to a normal diet and not to have desserts and calorie
laden drinks on the weekends.  At this time of year, it can be difficult to get in exercise.  I'm only 
riding my horse about once a week due to the weather and I've missed dance class for one
reason or another.  Then the inevitable happened.  I noticed that I've put on 5 pounds over 
two weeks.  That has motivated me to get off my butt and get moving again.  Plus, I'm really 
trying to make healthy food choices and to ignore that chocolate milkshake that keeps calling
me.
I hope you find the motivation to keep your New Year's resolutions.  Do it for yourself and do it for those you love.  Stay healthy!


I must thank my son for helping me to fix the problem with this post that prevented me from publishing it last week.  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment