Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Cooking Demonstration At The Health Expo

For those of you who live in or near Jonesboro, you should take advantage of  this year's HMG Health and Fitness Expo at the ASU Convocation Center on April 10 and 11.  Admission is FREE and there are many FREE screenings available, even mammograms for qualified individuals.  You can find out about different fitness options offered locally and talk to nurses and physicians.  You can also attend cooking demonstrations throughout the day.

I will be doing one of those demonstrations at 10 a.m. on Saturday.  I am looking forward to doing this but have to admit being a little nervous.  My presentation will be Fabulous Fish since I love fish so much and since it is so easy to prepare and so good for you.  I will also be making my garlic green beans and giving other cooking tips.  My daughter Grace has agreed to be my sous chef.  She is such a great assistant in the kitchen.  I am excited to be able to show just how quick fish is to cook and let others sample how delicious it is.

Let's hope the bulging disc in my neck is better by then.  I've been gardening, mostly spreading mulch, in addition to cleaning the barn daily and my workouts.  I guess it has been too much as my neck started hurting in the middle of the night.  Motrin usually helps after a few days.  So I'm going to use myself as an example: get out there and exercise, garden or whatever, just be careful.  The spring weather will have many of you out in your yard, cleaning up the beds, planting and pruning.  However, take it slow.  Don't try to do it all in one weekend.  Do a little bit each afternoon since daylight lasts till 7 or so.  Take some ibuprofen and a hot bath afterwards to prevent stiffness and soreness.  Stretching after any activity will also help plus make you more flexible and strong the next time you work out.

I'm glad some of you have tried the recipes I offer and liked them.  I plan to make the whole wheat and flaxseed pancakes this weekend and throw in some blueberries.  There will be buttermilk syrup too!  Easter dinner will be simple: ham, asparagus, homemade bread, deviled eggs and lemon cupcakes.  Happy Easter and I hope you have a lovely, sunny weekend.           

No comments:

Post a Comment