Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Roasted Chicken Dish

One thing I like to promote with my blog is healthy eating and I believe the best way to eat better is to eat food prepared at home. This week, Good Morning America has been talking about different areas around the world where people live the longest. Their longevity is attributed to their diet. You can learn more information on these diets by going to Good Morning America. We really are what we eat.

I would like to share another recipe that is fast, simple and a good way to get your vegetables. I hope you can find the garlic onion jam in a specialty store near you or online. I found it locally at Full Sun.

Roasted Chicken with Garlic Onion Jam
Several pieces of chicken, no skin (I used legs)
Several root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
I used white and sweet potatoes, onion and parsnips.
1/2 cup Garlic Onion Jam from Stonewall Kitchens

Place chicken and vegetables in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup olive oil over chicken and vegetables. Microwave jam so it can be poured over chicken mixture as well. Toss everything to coat well. Bake at 375 for one hour or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done, stirring occasionally.

Look for this jam or others like it as it is a nice accompaniment to many meats such as pork.